Why a Wellness Policy?Childhood Obesity
& Diet Related Illness
- Our School Nutrition Program complies with federal, state and local requirements.
- Our School Nutrition Program is accessible to all children.
- We provide and promote nutrition education.
- We encourage meaningful physical fitness activities for all children.
- All school-based activities are consistent with local wellness policy goals.
- Recommend that all foods and beverages made available on campus (including vending, concessions, a la carte, student stores, parties, and fundraising) during the school day are consistent with the current Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
- Insure that all foods made available on campus adhere to food safety and security guidelines.
- Provide a school environment that is safe, comfortable, pleasing, and allows ample time and space for eating meals.
- Insure that food and/or physical activity is not used as a reward or punishment.
- School Nutrition Association
- USDA Food & Nutrition Services
- Centers for Disease Control
- National School Boards Association
- National PTA
- Action for Healthy Kids
- American Dietetic Association
- Food Research and Action Center
- Elementary/Secondary School Principals
- National Association of School Nurses
- USDA Cooperative Extension
- National Dairy Council
- Society for Nutrition Education
- The National Association for Sport and Physical Education
- Council of Chief State School Officers
The BHUSD food service department is reestablishing the District Wellness Committee that will meet 1-2 times per school year. We are recruiting interested community member to be participate on the committee.
The two standing agenda items:
- Review the current Wellness Policy and recommend changes to the school board
- Assess the current Wellness Policy for implementation
The next meetings will be held on:
- Monday, March 11, 2019 at 2:00 pm
- Monday, May 20, 2019 at 2:00 pm
If you are interested in participating, please contact Heather Oyamo at email@example.com.
ANNUAL WELLNESS POLICY EVALUATION
Beverly Hills Unified School District is conducting a survey to evaluate the Student Wellness Policy district-wide. The purpose of this evaluation is to determine if the District is meeting the wellness goals set forth in the BHUSD Wellness Policy and to determine particular areas of strength or weakness. Each year a report of the results will be compiled for review. The evaluation must be completed annually By May 1, 2019. Responses from staff, administrators, and PTA are all necessary for meaningful results.
Click the link below to access our Annual Wellness Policy Evaluation.